There are numerous different types of castings methods. There are investment castings, sand castings, centrifugal castings, and heat resistant castings. In addition to a wide-variety of processes, there are also numerous casting materials. While castings can be created using just one metal, alloy castings are often seen as the most advantageous with each specific alloy casting possessing its own set of benefits. One alloy casting that is particularly popular throughout many industries are aluminum alloy castings. Keep reading to learn about all of the advantages of using this metal component!
5 Advantages of Aluminum Alloy Castings
Aluminum alloy castings hold numerous benefits thanks to its chemical and physical properties. We outlined the 5 most important advantages of this type of casting below.
- Aluminum castings are extremely versatile and are able to possess a wide-range of characteristics.
- They can produce near-net-shape parts with a controlled surface finish, dimensional accuracy, and complex geometries.
- They create lightweight parts that are still extremely strong and hard.
- Aluminum alloy castings can withstand the highest operating temperatures when compared to any other cast alloy.
- These castings possess outstanding corrosion resistance, thermal and electrical conductivity, EMI and RFI shielding properties, and are fully recyclable.
Due to their wide-range of benefits, many industries rely on aluminum alloy castings. Specifically, the automotive industry has been the largest market for aluminum castings ever since the early 1900s. However, they can be found in any industry that requires strong, light, and detailed parts.
If you’re interested in utilizing all of the advantages of aluminum alloy castings for your next project, contact us. Ferralloy, Inc. is a leading supplier of quality castings to major companies throughout the world. We can provide you with as-cast or fully machined parts in many different ferrous and non-ferrous alloys. Visit our foundry online today to learn more!