Titanium can be used for a wide range of metal parts, from tubing to bolts to fasteners. And this metal alloy is used for good reasons. The list of titanium benefits is a long one. To narrow them down, we will look more in depth at the significant advantages of one specific component: titanium fasteners. What are these important advantages? Keep reading to find out.
Advantages of Titanium Fasteners
Titanium (Ti) is a highly corrosive element with properties that make it the perfect element to produce fasteners. These fasteners hold their own huge set of benefits and advantages.
Some of the most appealing advantages of titanium fasteners include:
- These metal parts are typically maintenance free
- Titanium’s oxide layer protects the fasteners from corrosion
- These parts are cost-efficient
- Titanium fasteners are lighter in weight than steel fasteners
- They are extremely strong, durable, and sturdy
- These components can withstand high temperatures
- These parts are biocompatible and non-toxic so it won’t cause any harm to a human’s or animal’s body
- Titanium can be combined with other metals such as steel, aluminum, manganese, etc. to create an alloy and gain even more advantages
Thanks to these advantages, titanium fasteners are used in numerous different industries. Some specific industries that use this metal component include: aerospace, automotive, chemical, paper, pulp, architectural, consumer, marine, medical, and various other industries.
Are you interested in using these metal components for your next project? Start seeing the benefits of titanium fasteners for yourself by contacting us. Ferralloy, Inc. is a quality driven organization that is committed to constant improvement and customer satisfaction. We are proud to say that we have been providing titanium parts to countless industries and companies throughout the world for almost four decades. Let us provide you with high quality metal parts. Visit our metal foundry online today.